BMW Key OBD programmer
Special mobile device for BMW and Mini Cooper, key and transponder programming for CAS module which was developed to work via OBD II. And with this programming device you can also prepare onsite keys or transponders to the car as the device consists of a car programmer and Hi Tag II key programmer. With this new Device when you program keys via OBD II, the existing/old keys will not be erased and you will be able to use them again.
The Device will program the remote control automatically at all available frequencies for Europe, North/South America, Africa and ASIA. The Device is powered up from the OBD II connector of the car. Very useful OBD module for Auto Locksmiths, auto engineers and Special Police Agencies!!
The BMW key OBD programmer works with the latest BMW software ISTA V45/46/47/48/49/50/51/52/53/54/55/56/57 and up to the latest one for CAS 3/3+
BMW OBD – Programmer is a stand-alone device for electronic key registration on BMW vehicles (model years 2005-2014).
Supported cars: E60, E65, E66, E70, E71, E81, E82, E87, E88, E90, E91, E92, E93 with key authentication units CAS1, CAS2, CAS3, CAS3+, including SOPT and SOPT+ enabled mode.
The SOPT+ protective mode restrains access to data needed for key registration. CAS unit reprogramming is required to bypass protection. “BMW OBD-Prog” allows doing this in an automatic mode.
Attention! This BMW key OBD programmer device is not intended for illegal use.
Key features and distinctions
- CAS unit programming through OBD-II connector.
- SOPT enabled systems support (ISTA-P 39-42).
- NEW!!!!! SOPT+ enabled systems support (ISTA-P 43 -53 and above).
- Simple and convenient interface (no buttons, no complicated instructions).
- Fully automatic operation.
- Fast programming protocol (it takes 10-20 seconds for SOPT and earlier, 8 minutes for version SOPT+).
- Support for original keys (315, 433, 868 MHz) and PCF7936 transponder.
- Up to 10 keys could be registered in one CAS unit. 11th key will be registered as first.
- Internet updates capability (by serial number request).
- DTC clear function*.
- ELV (steering wheel blocking) synchronization function*.
- Unblocking door locks, disabling alarm system*.
Functions performed automatically.
ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS for BMW key OBD programmer:
Extra manual for versions of BMW-Keyprog 5.0 and 5.1 when working with CAS versions beginning at 9.28 (ISTA 43) and above.
1. Connect the device to the OBD
2. Wait for TRIPLE repeating signals
3. Take a chip or a key and put it in the ring of the device and wait (the device will determine the CAS version) until the device starts reprogramming the CAS. In doing so, we hear a FAST repeating signal, then a SLOW beeps. Keeping the key in the ring is not necessary and so you can remove it.
4. After about 7 minutes we will hear DOUBLE signals which means that you need to insert a key or chip into the slot.
5. Within a minute, we should wait for a SINGLE repeated signal, which means to press the START-STOP button.