Before you buy take a look how Turbo Decoder hu66 1 g. work
Turbo Decoder HU66 Profesional edition for VAG – Generation 1 is a masterpiece of precision mechanics, which allows the locksmith professionals to open, in a non-destructive way, doors and ignition locks of the VAG Group vehicles (VW, AUDI, SKODA, SEAT, PORSCHE etc.) often in just a few seconds.
Additionally, after the opening users read the lock code and then make a mechanical key reproduction.
Generation 1 = models up to 2004.
The decoder also works on the steering wheel locks (only) on all models up to 2014. Discs in the lock sit one by one.
Additionally you may use this decoder on some models of Skoda from 2012 and 2013 which have Generation 1 door locks.
Discover the car models which Turbo decoder HU66 is able to open by downloading the SILCA automotive key catalog.
Before to start:
- use Tester key HU66 to see the lock generation and orientation!
- by using tester key you will also discover the lock status… we suggest you to use WD40 to clean the lock and make the lock discs moving freely!
- How tester Key VAG hu66 work:
The tester key has 2 marks in red and in green color on its metal blade. We call them stop points. We have noticed that on the 1st generation locks the key can be inserted deeper than on the 2nd generation locks. We have used that fact to give you information how to discover the lock generation very fast. Additionally the tester key can give you information how the lock is orientated. This is important to know before inserting your Turbo Decoder hu66 into the lock.
What does orientation mean? – the VAG locks have a protective anti power system and it make the rotor rotate when it is forced by wrong key or by any force tool. This rotation is limited to the rotor and does not affect the lock so it will not be opened when the clutch is engaged. This means you can see both sides / left and right / lock orientation. The tester key will let you see it thanks to the plastic head orientation marks which are one red and 2 green points.
On your turbo decoder hu66 we have engraved one orientation point over the Pin bar activator wheel or middle wheel. You will find it where it is written “orientation” . Use this orientation point to orientate the tool when you insert it into the lock and ensure that its direction / left or right / matches the points of the plastic head of your tester key. This info from the tester key must be taken at the moment when your red metal stop point touches the face of the lock.
Example : red point of the key touches the face – look the plastic points – if they are on the left side – insert the tool with its orientation sign to the left or vice versa – plastic points on the right – insert the tool with the orientation sign to the right.
Now you know how to orientate your turbodecoder device!
To insert the tool into the lock turn the turbo wheel all the way to the right, push the pin bar activator wheel all to the front. Get the tool over the ring of the pin bar activator wheel and insert the key blade. Be gentle and avoid forcing it. If the lock is in good mechanical condition, the key blade must slide in pretty easy.
Now, when your blade is all the way in the lock, pull back only the pin bar activator wheel without moving back the whole tool.
In this moment, if the tool is fully inserted and its orientation is correct, you can start the manipulation.
- with your fingers apply tension force to the right on the tension wheel
- keep the tension and start rotating the turbo wheel to the left, keep rotating till its indicator line reaches the 1st stop point engraved on the pin activator wheel! During the rotation of the turbo wheel you will feel resistance. This is a sign of correct tool work.
- once you have reached the 1st stop point, stop the rotation and turn the turbo wheel all the way back.
- now change the tension direction on the front tension wheel and apply left rotating tension force.
- keep it forced and rotate the turbo wheel again to the left till its line reaches the 1st stop sector.
- turn it all the way to the right and then release the turbo wheel tension force. Now you have made a whole cycle of the manipulation.
Repeat these steps 20 times! Each time stop to sector one with the turbo wheel.
If the lock is still closed / not turned /, do all the same except for stopping on sector 1! Just increase the rotation of the turbo wheel to your second stop sector. Follow the same procedure by stopping at number 2 for 20 more times. If it isn’t opening do the same job but now point the line to the third stop sector. Keep doing it 20 more times. Finally go to stop point 4 if no opening happens. You need to pump to number 4. Do it 15 to 20 times. If the whole procedure was made in the correct order and the lock is in good mechanical condition – in some moment the lock should be open.
EXTRACT TURBODECODER HU66 FROM THE LOCK:
At this point you have to extract the tool from the lock. In order to do that correctly please follow these simple steps:
- turn the turbo wheel all to the right till it stops by itself.
- rotate or keep the key blade in neutral lock position /usually vertical .
- push the pin activator wheel all the way to the front
- extract the tool from the lock.
These are the main steps to use the Turbo Decoder for unlocking doors of the VAG group cars.
Lock Decoding procedure
When the lock is opened with the turbo decoder hu66 we can proceed with code reading. The code can be read for one reason – if we wish to cut a mechanical key. The cutting procedure can be made with CNC locksmith cutting machine. Any key has a numerical code and when this code is inserted into the key cutting machine the last can cut it on a key blank. This turbo-decoder can give you the code necessary for reproducing a working mechanical key.
How it works:
If the locksmith wants to read the code after the opening, he must to do a few additional steps. Let’s start from the opening. The tool is in the lock and it turns it from left to right. To get a good and clear code the operator must turn the lock in some of the directions – left or right, but NOT in neutral lock position.
Let it be left turn direction. Keep the tool turned to the left, do one final pump on the turbo wheel till its line comes to stop point 4. Now shake the tool by following the plane of the key blade. With this shaking the wafers impress the sliding pins on the turbo-decoder. They transfer one precise altitude to the pins and that altitude is easier to read afterwards. Having finished with that, go to neutral lock position and follow the extraction procedure.
When the tool is out of the lock pull back the pin activator wheel then rotate the turbo wheel to the stop position number 4 . Do not rotate it back, just start the pin altitude reading. It is good to refer to the top pin surface, to the reference line which is along the key blade.
Some advice on pin resetting:
- use only original set up devices – they are made for precise resetting of your pins and if some other tools are used there is a risk of tool damage!
- insert your resetting tool as it is shown here.
- note that the pins slide pretty easy and if you apply any unusual force it can easily bend or broke your instrument!
SEE VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS