USER GUIDE TO TURBODECODER HU83 – PEUGEOT / CITROEN
On this post we will show you the tool, its components and video instructions how to use it in order to open and decode those FRENCH vehicles locks. We will explain the best practices with which you will be able to use the capabilities of this pick tool to offer your clients a quality locksmith service.
The key profile is HU83 / Silca / and the instrument can fit in any door or ignition with same key way! Some cars use another lock profile – VA2, in which you can not insert this HU83 decoder, please do not force it. Refer to the Silca catalog to find out more about the vehicle models which use an HU83 key.
Usually these locks are used on models from 2006 up to 2017 year
How does the turbo decoder work?
Insert the instrument into the lock. When you feel that it touches the bottom of the lock please push only the turbo wheel forward. If the tool is not orientated correctly you will see the tool moving a bit forward and the pin activator wheel will open. Click it back and extract the Turbodecoder. Reverse it and insert again. Check by pushing the turbo wheel forward. If nothing moves the tool is orientated correctly.
Before proceeding with the opening please clean the lock with WD40 or similar! This is important because ensures the free movement of the code wafers / discs / . The prodecoder tool does not work when any wafer is blocked or not moving freely.
To insert the tool into the lock turn the turbo wheel all the way to the right, push the pin bar activator wheel all to the front. Get the tool on the ring of the pin bar activator wheel and insert the key blade. Be gentle and avoid forcing it . If the lock is in good mechanical status the key blade must slide in pretty easily.
Now, when your blade is all the way in the lock, pull back only the pin bar activator wheel without moving back the whole tool.
In this moment, if the tool is fully inserted and if its orientation is correct, you can start the manipulation.
- with fingers apply tension force on the tension wheel to the right
- keep the tension and start rotating the turbo wheel to the left, keep rotating till the indicator line points to the 1st stop sector engraved on the pin activator wheel! During the rotation of the turbo wheel you will feel resistance which is a sign of correct tool work.
- once you reach the 1st stop point stop the rotation and turn the turbo wheel all the way back.
- now change the tension direction on the front tension weel and apply left rotating tesnion force.
- keep it forced and rotate the turbo wheel again to the left till its line reaches the 1st stop sector.
- turn it all the way to the right and then release the turbo wheel tension force. Now you have made a whole cycle of the manipulation.
Repeat these steps 20 times! Each time stop at sector one with the turbo wheel.
If the lock is still closed / not turned / do all the same but don’t stop at sector 1! Just increase the rotation of the turbo wheel to the second /2 / stop sector. Follow the same procedure and stop at number 2 20 more times.
Finally go to stop point 3 and do all the same for 15 to 20 times. If all was correct – the lock should turn / open /.
At that point you have to extract the tool from the lock. In order to do that correctly please follow these simple steps:
- turn the turbo wheel all to the right till it stops by itself.
- rotate or keep the key blade in neutral lock position / usually vertical .
- push the pin activator wheel all the way to the front
- extract the tool from the lock.
These are the main steps of using the Turbodecoder for unlocking the HU83 doors mounted on french vehicles.
Lock decoding procedure
When the lock is opened with the Turbodecoder we can proceed to code reading. Te code can be read for one reason – if we wish to cut a mechanical key. The cutting procedure can be made with CNC locksmith cutting machine. Every key has a numerical code and when we insert this code into the key cutting machine the machine can cut it on a key blank. This Turbodecoder can give you the code necessary to reproduce a working mechanical key.
How does it work?
If the locksmith wants to read the code after the opening, he must to do a few additional steps. Let’s start from the opening. The tool is in the lock and can turn it from left to right. To get a good and clear code the operator must turn the lock in any direction – left or right but NOT in neutral lock position.
For example turn it to the left. Keep the tool turned to the left, do one final pump on the turbo wheel till its line comes to stop point 4. Now shake the tool by following the plane of the key blade. With this shaking the wafers impress the sliding pins on the Turbodecoder. They transfer one precise altitude to the pins and this altitude is easier to read afterwards. After that go on neutral lock position and follow the extraction procedure.
When the tool is out of the lock pull back the pin activator wheel then rotate the turbo wheel to the stop position number 4 . Do not rotate it back, just start the pin altitude reading. Its good to refer the top pin surface to the reference line which is along the key blade.
The first line corresponds to cut / code / 2. The second line is the measure of cut / code / 3 and third line shows you the cut or code 4 / the deepest code from the combination /.
The lock has 7 code plates:
and each plate can have 4 heights. The lock code is actually a line of 7 digits, with any number in the row being from 1 to 4.
An example code for an HU83 lock is 1123344.
If the operator knows this code, he could cut a mechanical key to replace the lost original. One of the main advantages of Pro-decoders is that after successful unlocking of the lock, the operator can read the code from the tool itself!
Example of code translation:
side A side B
Some advise on Turbodecoder pin resetting:
- use only original set up HU83 devices – they are made for precise resetting of your pins and if any other tool is used there is a risk of tool damage!
- insert your resetting tool as shown here.
- note that the pins slide pretty easily and if you apply any unusual force they can easily bend or brake your instrument!
See the Turbodecoder HU83 video instructions: