HOW TO USE TURBODECODER ® HU92 BMW E SERIES
Good to know about Turbodecoder HU92:
Turbodecoder BMW HU92 elements:
- key profile – dedicated to open and decode door or ignition locks of BMW 2000-2013. These locks are used on all models of BMW vehicles up to 2013 plus Mini Cooper, some Land Rovers and Rolls-Royces
- sliding pins – they open, they give you the lock code!
- pin bar – for inserting the Turbo instrument in and extracting it and out of the lock
- tension wheel – to apply tension during the opening procedure
- pin bar activator – this wheel activates the movement of the pin bars to insert and extract the tool
- turbo wheel – when rotated to the left, the pin holders move up and the pins slide according to the lock code
Before you proceed with the opening procedure please:
clean the lock with WD40 to remove any dirt that can block the movement of the discs / wafers /
ensure that you have to deal with the HU92 lock profile
ensure that the lock is original, not replica made in China! Ask the owner of the vehicle if the lock has been changed in the past.
Lock orientation – usually HU92 locks have right side orientation but we have also discovered left orientated ones. For this reason we supply a TESTER KEY to check the lock, its mechanical status and its orientation.
Insert the tester key – it will enter smoothly and when it goes all the way, please look at its METAL PART RED POINT. If the red point touches the lock face, your tester key is correctly inserted. NOW look at the direction of the red plastic head point. It may be right or left. This is the lock orientation and you need to remember it.
If the metal part red point stays away from the lock face when the tester is fully inserted, it gives no information, in that case just extract it, reverse and insert again. Now you know:
- lock model and lock orientation
- key profile
- lock status
Opening procedure of HU92
Insert the tool by following the lock orientation discovered by your tester key.
To insert it please keep the tool on the ring of your pin activator wheel. Your pump wheel must be rotated all to the right!
Fit the decoder all the way into the lock. Now pull back only the pin activator wheel. When this is done, you will see stop sectors / 4 3 2 1 or 3 2 1 / depending on the tool version you have. Now apply LEFT tension rotating force on the tension wheel and keep it. Rotate the turbo wheel to the left till its line comes to the first stop sector. Stop your rotation and go all the way to the right. Release the rotation tension. You have to repeat these steps up to 10 times and every time stop the turbo wheel to point 1.
If the lock is not opened after your 10 pumps, increase the turbo wheel rotation till its line points to number 2. Again – left tension, rotate pump wheel to stop point 2, go back to the right then release the tension.
If the lock is not opened – go to stop point 3 for 10 more pumps and the lock should be open!
If your objective is to open the lock – you are done, but if you want to decode the lock there are a few more steps to do.
Turn the lock to the left or right – it doesn’t matter, keep it in rotation and do one final pimp to stop point 4 or 3 /the last on the left/. Jiggle the tool by following the plane on your key blade. The discs transfer their precise code to the sliding prodecoder mini pins. Now extract the tool from the lock. Attention – extraction is important so please follow the steps:
- turn the lock in neutral position
- rotate the turbo wheel all to the left
- push forward the pin activator wheel and ensure that it is pushed all the way
- then and only then extract the turbo decoder from the lock!
To read the lock code:
Once the tool is out of the lock – pull the pin activator wheel so you can see the pins, rotate the turbo wheel to stop point 3 or 4 and only then you can start the code reading.
The lock has 8 discs. Each disc can have cut 1, 2, 3 or 4. The first pin is the one closest to the tension wheel – write its code, the second pin is on the other side of your tool – write its code, continue till the last pin. For reference please take a look at the following photo: the code on which is 13242123. To cut a mechanical key insert these numbers in your CNC locksmith cutting machine.
To reset your pins for next lock opening:
- rotate the turbo wheel to stop point 1, pull back the pin activators so your pins become visible.
- use Turbodecoder HU92 engraved resetting tool. Inject it under the pin as shown on the photo.
- Press the pin till it stops. That’s it.
- Repeat the same with all pins and please keep a finger under the key blade to avoid bending while pushing the pin.
Remember – the pins slide easy so there is no need to push strongly!
Turbodecoder HU92 video instructions